If you are looking for a data provider to feed your cold email campaigns, ZoomInfo is one of the biggest names out there, but is it right for you? There are many alternatives that offer advantages and might be a better fit for your strategy and your team.
Let’s compare ZoomInfo vs. Apollo.io
- Companies: 100M +
- Emails: 100M +
- Phone numbers: 63M +
- Contacts: 200M +
- Companies: 10M+
- Emails: Available but undisclosed amount
- Phone numbers: Available but undisclosed amount
- Anecdotal bounce rate: Over hundreds of research calls we had in 2020 and 2021, sales and marketing leaders constantly complained about ZoomInfo’s data quality and bounce rates. Some people we spoke with reported bounce rates of 20% - 50% depending on their audience. Reddit conversations seem to think ZoomInfo data is the best-of-breed because of their size.
- Claimed accuracy: 95% accurate
- In 2018 Apollo.io had a major data breach, exposing nearly 200M+ B2B emails and attached data points.
- While the breach was major news, it did not speak to the accuracy of the emails and data exposed.
- Anecdotal reviews Apollo show user are happy with the quality of contact info.
- Search inside of ZoomInfo’s platform without scraping Linkedin or company sites.
- Also includes a Chrome Extension if your SDRs prospect on Linkedin.
- Company alerts, news
- Contact management
- Buyer intent signals
- Syncs with most CRMs
- Contact data sourcing
- Chrome Extension
- Email sequencing
- Lead scoring
- Contact enrichment
- CRM integrations
- Starts at $10,000/month for basic plans
- Requires a contract and minimum # of seats.
- Starts at $19/user/month
- 3 seat minimum
- You must purchase email credits in addition to your subscription
- Phone numbers are extra and available in the professional plan.
If you have a large sales org or are planning on growing your sales team to double-digit numbers, Zoominfo is probably the right data provider for you. Keep in mind, you'll have to commit to a hefty contract, meaning Zoominfo really only makes sense if you plan on sending a high volume of emails on a weekly basis. If you don't expect your reps to email in high volumes, you might want to look at a cheaper option.
For small teams, Apollo is a solid option, even despite their data breach in 2018. Their user experience and product is well liked and simple, plus it is an all-in-one platform. Reps can source contact data like emails and put them directly into an email sequence all using Apollo. This is a more seamless experience for reps and reduces costs for management.